This is the 21st year of the student paper competition which was initiated at the 2001 IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The award consists of a certificate and represents a prestigious recognition of the student’s achievement. Students who are submitting abstracts for presentation are also invited to participate in this Student Paper Competition (see “Requirements” below for conditions).
Abstracts submitted by students for the Student Paper Competition will be reviewed as usual by the Technical Program Committee (TPC). At that time the TPC will select 18 finalists (6 from Group I, and 3 from each of Groups II to V) for the Student Paper Competition (roughly in proportion to the number of student abstracts submitted in each group). The finalists will be notified and asked to produce a poster of their papers to be displayed during a special student poster session. All finalists will receive travel support to help them to attend the conference. At the time of registration, the finalist is required to be a registered member of IEEE and UFFC.
The poster is required independent of whether the student’s paper has been selected as an oral presentation. The students should check the guidelines for poster presentation for the preparations of their ePosters. All Student Finalist Posters will be presented in a special section for judging by a panel of judges representing the paper’s technical group. Six awards will be given.
- Student is the first author
- Work is of high quality and done by the student
- Abstract clearly describes the work and includes results
- Student has not won this award previously from any of the IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposia
- Clarity of student’s presentation
- Depth of student’s knowledge
- Degree of the student’s contribution to the project
- Relevancy of the work to the field
- Medical Ultrasonics (2 Awards)
- Sensors, NDE & Industrial Applications (1 Award)
- Physical Acoustics (1 Award)
- Microacoustics SAW, FBAR, MEMS (1 Award)
- Transducers & Transducer Materials (1 Award)